Jeanté Godlock make her major entrance to fans in her role of Simone Biles in the Lifetime biopic, The Simone Biles Story: Courage To Soar. The actress now stars on the Netflix series, ‘Daybreak‘ as Mona Lisa.
Without a doubt, viewers will be clamoring to find out more about the actress after she flawlessly delivers as Simone. We have your introduction to the budding star.
1. Jeanté Godlock was born and raised in South Central, Los Angeles and has been acting since 5 years old when she starred in her church Christmas play.
2. She trained for 10 years as a dancer and had prior experience with acrobatic gymnastics before she even took on the role of Simone Biles.
3. Jeanté spent some time working as a personal trainer just a couple years ago, even creating a fitness blog.
4. She trained with casting veteran Tracey “Twinkie” Byrd and most recently has been studying under actress/director Tasha Smith!
5. She is 4-foot-11, just three inches taller than Simone Biles who is 4-foot-8!
6. Jeanté Godlock has done voiceover work in the past, but the role of Simone Biles is her on-screen debut. The actress has roles in several additional projects set to premiere in 2018, including an independent film called, Dead Dodd and supporting roles in the short films Sell Out and Brackett.
7. She was cast in the film in October and shot it in Vancouver, Canada in September.
8. She’s an avid television watcher. She can be found on twitter commenting on shows in real time. Her current favorite thing on television? Black Lightning. One of her all-time favorites is CW’s The Arrow!
Readers Might Also Like: