It is Week 7 in the NFL and the best teams are revealing their true colors and stepping up to the plate. Now is your chance to show your friends and family what you can do in the kitchen. If you are tired of serving plain old chips and dip…I have the solution for you! This week’s recipe in the ULTIMATE GAME DAY RECIPE GUIDE is hearty and is sure to warm your guests up. It is a triple threat…a combination of a burger, grilled cheese, and garlic bread. THE CHEESY PORK ROLL BURGER! WARNING: A nap is needed after consumption of this burger!!!
The Cheesy Pork Roll Burger Recipe
2 Pounds Ground Beef (ideally 80/20 fat ratio)
2 T Vegetable for frying of burger
4 Potato Buns (or Brioche)
8 Slices of Pork Roll (Taylor Ham)
1 Cup Flour
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
2 Cups Vegetable Oil
½ pound Monterey Jack Cheese sliced thick
1/3 Cup butter, melted
1T granulated garlic
1/3 Cup Chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Dijon mustard
¾ Tsp paprika
1 tsp hot sauce (tabasco)
½ tsp kosher salt
- Place Ground Beef in Mixing bowl. Split the Beef into 4 equal portions and form a patty.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, add all Dijon Mayo ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Thinly slice shallots. In a small bowl, mix eggs with 1 T of water. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cayenne, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp better. Stir.
- Toss shallots in egg mixture and then dredge them into the flour mixture.
- In a small saucepot, add approximately 2 cups oil or until it is one inch deep.
- Heat oil to 350F (medium high heat). Add shallots and fry until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on parchment paper to absorb oil. Season with salt.
- Add sliced pork roll to sauté pan on medium heat. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side. There should be browning and the pork should be crispy. Set aside.
- Add garlic to melted butter. Using a pastry brush, butter the buns. Set aside.
- In a cast iron pan (or sauté pan), heat on high heat. Add oil. Get Oil Hot. This is important in getting a crispy crust on your burger.
- Add 2 burgers at a time. Cook for 4 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 4 minutes for a medium burger.
- Add 2 thick slices of cheese to each burger. Cover pan and allow cheese to melt. Remove from heat.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium and place the tops and bottoms of the buns in the pan. Allow the buttered buns to slightly brown for approximately 2 minutes. Remove toasted buns from heat.
NOW IT IS TIME TO BUILD YOUR BURGER!!!
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mayo on bottom of bun.
- Place 1 Slice of Pork Roll on top of Mayo.
- Top with the Cheesy Juicy Burger!
- Add another slice of Pork Roll.
- Top with ¼ cup of crispy shallots.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mayo on top of Bun and Crown your burger. Enjoy!!
Contact Chef Hazel for any questions regarding recipes or cooking tips on twitter @christinehaze10
Tweet pictures of your finished dishes!! #cheesyporkrollburger #chefhazel #parlemagazine
Readers Might Also Like: