Eddy Curry of New York Knicks Is Just As Broken Down As His Team
New Yorkers should feel sorry for themselves. Not only are NBA’s New York Knicks one of the worst teams in the league, but the players are just as sorry in their personal lives as they are on the court. Let’s take Eddy Curry of New York Knicks for instance: not only has he been injured one too many times but he’s also in a puddle of debt.
Just how does an NBA/New York Knicks player owe millions of dollars and get constant phone calls from huge corporations wanting their money? Well, let’s see: for starters, he owes NBA player Juwan Howard $350,000, and for some unknown reason he’s stopped paying his mortgage.
There is good news though: Curry has been asked to renew his contract for $11 million, but he has yet to pay his debt back to AllStar Capital, and he owes them over a million.
And not only that, let’s take a moment and break down just exactly where Eddy Curry spends his money:
- Supreme Court Justice Jane Solomon ordered Eddy Curry to pay AllStar Capital over $75,000 a month plus interest.
- AllStar Capital seizes Eddy Curry’s 2009 Land Rovers and Phantom convertible.
- In 2008, Curry took out a five-month personal loan with an 85% interest rate (that’s only legal in Las Vegas). He has yet to pay any portion of his debt back.
- He pays his personal chef $6,000 a month.
- He spends $17,000 on rent and an additional $30,000 on “household expenses,” such as $425 on satellite TV.
- His parents, sister, and father-in-law get an additional $16,000 a month and he’s purchased 12 cars for them.
- He has over $200,000 garnished from his paychecks already.
As we can all see, some men just don’t know how to handle their responsibilities even when they have the funds to do so. Just because you have money does not mean you have to support your entire family. One may be a millionaire but there still is a thing of living beyond your means. And Eddy Curry of New York Knicks clearly needs to learn this lesson quickly.
Source: NY Post
Readers May Also Like:
It Pays To Be Rising Hip-Hop Star Gucci Mane
‘A Nightmare On Elm Street’ Trudges Along – Movie Review
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony ‘Uni5: The World’s Enemy’ – Album Review
‘Hot Tub Time Machine’ Is a Well-Scripted Comedy – Movie Review