Reasons Why You Should Introduce Yerba Mate To Your Diet
Traditionally and presently, drinks and beverages, in general, played a significant role in social gatherings across different cultures worldwide. They also had symbolic meanings and represented the nature of the event and the relationship between those sharing the drink. For instance, champagne is almost always associated with celebration, wine as a meal accompaniment, and beer is primarily used in informal, relaxed situations such as watching sporting events or playing games.
Currently, the intake of natural teas, juices, and other naturally derived beverages is quickly gaining traction as people become more aware of their health benefits. More and more people are ditching the customary tea and coffee tradition for healthier alternatives such as green tea, Pomegranate Juice, Kale, and other plant and fruit-based juices like ginger and lemon.
One of the drinks becoming more popular due to this new trend are Yerba Mate Drinks. It is a trendy drink originally from South America and is the natural drink of Paraguay. Its leaves are dipped in hot water to make the drink -mate. The leaves contain caffeine and other beneficial chemical components such as theobromine and theophylline.
Health Benefits of Yerba Mate
- The plant contains theobromine and theophylline, which are significant in managing allergies and chest complications such as asthma since they act as anti-inflammatory agents.
- The plant contains high levels of beneficial micronutrients such as Vitamins B and C and higher levels of antioxidants than green tea. It has approximately 92 mg of the antioxidant chlorogenic acid per gram of dry leaves. Antioxidants help prevent diseases such as heart conditions and cancer as they destroy free radicals linked to these diseases.
- It is also helpful in improving mental function and increasing energy levels. On average, it contains 85 mg of caffeine per cup, which is just enough to provide the usual benefits of caffeine without the adverse effects. Studies have proven that caffeine has numerous mental health benefits, such as better recall, reaction time, and mental alertness.
- The drink can also improve immunity and help protect the body from infections. Reports indicate that it confers some level of protection from intestinal parasites and fungal infections of the skin, such as E. coli and dandruff, respectively.
- It also acts as an antidepressant as it contains a monoamine oxidase inhibitor and is helpful in the management of depression and sleep disorders.
Aside from its health benefits, it’s relatively easy to access and can be bought online and prepared to make the perfect drink for your hangouts with your friends. It’s also versatile and can be taken while hot or iced, and is available in tea bags for easy preparation. Feel free to add some sugar, fruit juice, or any other sweeteners you like
Readers May Also Like:
What Are Some of The Biggest Affair Scandals in Hollywood?
How To Make Bot Followers On Instagram
E-Commerce Shopping Roundup: Shein vs Temu
8 Creative Ways To Style Your Human Hair Wig & Lace Front Wig For A Fab Look