Loaded Potato Soup Recipe – Easy Recipe For A Cold Day
If you are crunched for time but want a comforting home cooked meal; then this is the recipe for you! The recipe should take no longer than 35 minutes and it has a ton of classic flavors. It’s the perfect recipe for a cold winter day: Loaded Potato Soup.
Quick and Easy Loaded Potato Soup:
6 Russet Potatoes (washed and dried)
7 Cups Whole Milk
1 pound bacon
2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
16 ounces of sour Cream
12 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 bunch of Scallions
1 tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp onion powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Microwave Potatoes for 15 minutes or bake potatoes for 45 minutes at 350F until potatoes are tender.
- Cook bacon in skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and leave fat in pan.
- Add flour to the bacon fat. Whisk and cook the flour mixture for about two minutes and the mixture resembles a paste.
- Add warmed milk gradually while whisking. Make sure the mixture is smooth and the lumps are gone.
- Simmer the milk mixture for approximately 20 minutes stirring very often. The mixture should reduce and become thicker.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potatoes and add to the milk mixture.
- Add 6 ounces of the cheese, garlic powder, and onion powder and stir.
- Season with Salt and pepper.
- Chop bacon for garnish.
- Chop Scallions on a bias for garnish.
- Serve soup topped with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions.