- 1 small eggplant (1 lb.)
- 1 Tbsp. of salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsps. of milk
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan
- ¼ tsp. of garlic powder
- Of pasta sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup of flour
- 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs
- Remember to always season to your liking!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant into ½-inch thick slices. Sprinkle salt over the slices and let them sit for a hour.
- Place the slices in a large zip lock bag, add the flour, and shake until the slices are coated in flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- In a second shallow bowl, stir together the Parmesan, Breadcrumbs and garlic powder. Dip each slice of eggplant into the egg wash first, then in the seasoned breadcrumbs until coated on both sides. Place the breaded slices onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the breaded slices for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta, and add the pasta sauce.
- Once the eggplant slices are finished baking, stir the eggplant squares into the pasta and sauce. Pour the mixture into a casserole, and add shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the casserole in the still hot oven until the cheese is melted and the dish is heated through (10-15 minutes).
- Remember to have your bags packed!
The recipe appears in the cook book, ‘I’m Busy, But I’m Still Cooking For Bae‘, written by Yasmeen Patterson.
More info at www.imcookingforbae.com
Readers Also Liked: