Comprised of 5 independent artists and 2 producers, Deelo Avery, James Wesson, Kafayé, Keynes Woods, Lan’do and producers universes and Abdullah, Toronto based collective, No Tourists has the same feel of a Wu Tang Clan or a Odd Future. The group has been making strides, previously releasing their EP, Snow Tourists. The No Tourists collective have now released the lead track from their forthcoming EP, Guerilla.
The new single is titled, “Dumbo.” The visual for the song was recently released. “The song was heavily inspired by our love and respect for UK drill and grime music,” The No Tourists collective offered. “Through the collective efforts of our producers universes and geezr, “Dumbo” offers up our own Toronto take on the intersection of UK drill and grime music. This track is special to us because we were all on the same page in trying to make a tune that captures our respect and love for UK drill and grime. We all pushed ourselves out of our comfort zones and surprised each other a little bit – in the end, “Dumbo” is what we set it out to be, you can’t listen and remain stagnant”.
Watch the “Dumbo” visual below:
After you watch the visual, get familiar with the No Tourists collective. The group shared 5 things about themselves that listeners should know.
01. A majority of the group grew up outside of Canada before migrating to various parts of the greater Toronto area and other Canadian cities
02. No Tourists was originally supposed to be a one off mixtape, but ended up forming into a band. Initially, we were under the impression that we were just in a collaborative sphere with each other the way we were making music with each other, but as time went on we slowly formed into our own group
03. We made a whole album that got destroyed due to a faulty hard drive a month before our debut performance. We ended up making another whole album in that remaining month which we performed at that show.
04. Although we are a collective, we also operate individually as solo artists or are a part of other bands as well
05. We make more jokes than we make music
The three song Guerilla EP from No Tourists is set to be released on August 14th.
Readers Might Also Like: