In the age of eCommerce, consumers have more buying options than ever. Online shopping has become increasingly popular over the years and has seen a recent boom following the outbreak of COVID-19. A survey conducted in March showed that 42% of consumers were shopping online more as a result of the pandemic. Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, has grown his fortune by billions since the shutdowns began.
With more people shopping online, how can you make your eCommerce site stand out? The good news is that you can increase your website visitors and sales if you follow SEO best practices, which include writing unique product descriptions. Let’s break down why this is an important factor and how you can boost your business with it.
What is SEO?
For those who may not know, SEO stands for search engine optimization and is essentially the practice of increasing web traffic through organic search results. Many page factors go into a search engine’s algorithm, including keywords, meta descriptions, title tags, responsive web design, domain authority, social metrics, and more. If you want to increase your search engine rankings, it would be a good idea to devote some time and resources to improving your page SEO.
It may seem like a complicated task, but the good news is that you can use a site optimization guide to break down the best practices. As you can see from the table of contents for this guide, it includes topics like keyword research and title tags. You’ll also find google tools that help you monitor your SEO efforts. It may seem daunting at first, but there are great resources available to help you improve your search engine ranking and the user experience on your web page.
Why are unique product descriptions important?
Writing unique product descriptions has a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Higher search engine rankings — Search engines rank websites with original content higher in the search results. Using stock item descriptions and duplicating content is not a good idea if you want your product to appear higher in search results.
- Creates trust with website visitors — Scammers are everywhere and stock photos and descriptions are a red flag to consumers. Using original content improves user experience by putting them at ease.
- Stands out from the competition — Unique title tags and product descriptions grab the attention of the consumer. You stand out when your meta description is the only one on the search results page that doesn’t recycle the same description.
- Increased return website visitors — When you stand out and leave an impression, you are more likely to be remembered the next time the consumer goes online shopping.
- Increased organic traffic — Ranking higher in search results increases traffic, but unique descriptions also cast a wider net by using original and optimized keywords.
- Prevents returned items — Using unique product descriptions paints a better picture of the item you are selling. When people know exactly what they’re buying, they’re less likely to return it.
How can you improve yours?
There are a few ways you can improve your product descriptions to make them stand out. First, you can enhance the user experience by considering your target audience and using language that appeals to them. Use keywords that support your SEO strategy, but make sure it sounds natural. Using bullet points helps to make your description more skimmable while effectively describing the product. Balance product features and their benefits in your description. Go beyond describing and sell the item by explaining how it will benefit the consumer. The product description is basically your sales pitch, so make it count.
Unique product descriptions are one of the most important page factors to consider when perfecting your SEO strategy. With so many people shopping online, it is imperative that your products stand apart in search results. If you aren’t spending the time to write original content, you’re missing out on business.
Readers Might Also Like: