Whether it is a man’s or a woman’s wardrobe, hats have always been a staple and rank high on the list of must-have accessories. However, hats come in all shapes, sizes, designs and patterns for all the most fashion-forward fella.
While peripheral areas like shoes and watches offer a variety of acceptable options, a hat is the only accessory that can fashionably top off your outfit. You will find a lot to choose from. But the key is knowing which caps for men go with each outfit, something more challenging to do than said.
That is why we compiled a list of four types of hats that are a must-have for your wardrobe. Along with that, we know you will love the styling ideas with each type of hat. So you can discover how to wear a hat ideally to enhance your style statement.
1. The Beanie
These types of hats are originally made for colder days, so they are one of the cool boy choices now. However, it is one of the hats that go with everything. But still, it is not a no-brainer option.
One of the best ways to wear a beanie is not to go with the trend and hop onto the bandwagon. You only have to watch what works best for you.
They are on both the hip side of the fashion scale and also on the practical side. So not only will a beanie keep your head and your ears warm, but it will also make you look like you are right out of a street-style show.
How to style a beanie?
- You can slip into your best plaid t-shirt and a pair of dad jeans along with a black beanie. Complete your outfit with espadrilles.
- Go for a shirt with light washed ankle-length jeans for a layered look. Paired it with sneakers and football socks.
- You can also work with practically anything. Use it to your benefit and pick a random t-shirt and a pair of jeans with any beanie.
2. The Fedora
As a fan of vintage Hollywood, you must see these types of hats being flaunted with a baggy suit and a cigar. With time, a lot has changed in the trend. But these types of hats are still core high with men of all ages.
But it is primarily for one who wants to grow out of the boyish style. The Fedora comes with a lengthwise pinch at the front, narrow grim, and one of the versatile options. So you can wear it with almost everything out in your wardrobe.
How to style Fedora?
- You can wear these hats in a statement-making colour along with a well-fitted blazer and dress pants, which is an excellent idea if you are heading to a wedding ceremony.
- You can also pair Fedora with ripped jeans and a loose-fitting t-shirt for road trips.
- What about a denim jacket paired with a turtleneck t-shirt and jeans of the same colour? Complete your outfit with a neutral-hued Fedora.
3. The Panama
Do not forget to upgrade your wardrobe with something that matches your mood and weather when heading to your dream summer holiday destination. Not only does it include the correct type of clothing but also the right type of accessories.
We think there is nothing better than a Panama hat to keep your company. It is lightweight yet sturdy and breathable simultaneously, and it comes with a broad brim to keep your cool figuratively.
How to style a Panama hat?
- Pair the lightest cotton shirt with cotton chinos. Add a Panama hat along with a pair of sneakers and sunglasses to have a mix.
- Wear an oversized tee along with a pair of shorts, flip flops and a Panama on your vacay if you want to go with a level of relaxation.
- Slip into a suit and loafers if you suddenly got a semi-formal even in the middle of your holidays.
4. The Bucket Hat
A bucket hat is one of the hats doing the rounds on social media and runaways and designer collections. As we can assume with the name, the shape of the hat is like a bucket.
It is made of sturdy materials and some out of cloth. You can pick it as a statement-making accessory addition. It is not just limited to the five seconds of fame, but they are much beyond that.
How to style a bucket hat?
- A bucket hat with a dungaree, full-sleeved tee and a pair of sneakers is a winning combination for casual events.
- Slip into a sweater, baggy trousers, a chunky chain around your neck, and colour blocked hat if you want to give in to a street style completely.
- You can wear a graphic tee with a fanny pack and a bucket hat in a subtle hue for a relaxed approach.
Now, it is your time to go and find a perfect type of hat for yourself, matching your style and outfit. We hope the hat rounded up in the article with styling ideas will help you make the right choice.
Readers Might Also Like: