Circle of Sisters 2016 Expo Set To Take Over NYC Oct. 15th & 16th
Gather around sisters, there is something you need to know and a place you need to be. Presented by AARP New York, Circle of Sisters 2016 will be in full effect this weekend, and you definitely won’t want to miss it.
Circle of Sisters is one of the largest EXPOs to take place in New York City, and has been bringing women of color together for quite some time now. The event features some of the hottest vendors, free giveaways, celebrity panel discussions, educational seminars, food tasting, fashion shows, Gospel concerts, and even more. So, grab your girlfriends and come join in on the fun!
Hosted by Emmis New York’s WBLS-FM 107.5, 1190 WLIB-AM, and WQHT-FM Hot 97, Circle of Sisters serves as a platform for attendees to come together for inspiration and leave with aspiration, uniting and motivating each other. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from some of their favorite entertainers, health gurus, authors, business owners–you name it, while celebrating the art of our beautiful black sisters.
With previous guests like Salt N’ Pepa, Rev. Al Sharpton, Terry McMillian, Karen Clark Sheard, Vickie Winans, Boris Kodjoe, and Steve Harvey, Circle of Sisters has managed to become an even bigger success throughout the years. A look at this year’s celebrity guest list, includes: singer and actor Rotimi (Power), Clifton Powell, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Bobby Brown, Keke Wyatt, Common, and a plethora of other heavyweight names in the industry. Each of the celebrity guests will be joining in and participating throughout different panels and segments of the show.
This year’s event will be held at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan, on Saturday, October 15th and Sunday, October 16th. The event will run from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Sunday.
For more information and to view the schedule of this year’s event, go to www.circleofsisters.com
Title Sponsor: AARP New York
· Presenting Sponsor: EmblemHealth
· Associated Flash Pass Sponsor: AT&T
· Culinary Corner Sponsor: Healthfirst
· Vendor Hall Sponsor: Consumer Reports
· Fashion Show Sponsor: Ashley Stewart
· Performance Stage Sponsor: MetroPlus Health Plan
· Live Broadcast Sponsor: Fidelis Care
· Gospel Explosion: MetroPCS
· Vendor Panels: StateFarm, SONYMA
· Beauty Bar Sponsor: Maybelline
· Corporate Sponsors: SheaMoisture, InVite Health, Harlem Community Development Corporation, MTA, MajorWorld, McDonald’s All Day Breakfast, American Heart Association, AIDS Health Foundation, EXPG, Nyack College, Center for NYC Neighborhoods, The Color Purple on Broadway, Harlem Hospital, Nubian Heritage
· Media Partners: FOX 5 NY, Village Voice, Black Enterprise