Moissanite Rings – Perfect Choice for the Modern-Day Bride
Jewelry holds a special place in traditions and customs, with a wide range of options to suit various tastes. Moissanite jewelry is renowned and holds great value in international markets, commanding a high price due to its unique style and exceptional quality. Many people mistakenly confuse Moissanite rings for diamonds. This is so because Moissanite is a beautiful gemstone that is colorless and has a distinct sparkle.
What sets Moissanite apart from other precious stones is its ability to transform the appearance of the jewelry. Moissanite engagement rings are an excellent gift option that is different from traditional engagement rings. Diamonds are made of carbon, while Moissanite is made of pure silicon carbide – a rare mineral found naturally. Moissanite is significantly different in both composition and appearance from diamonds.
Types of Moissanite Engagement Rings
There are various types of Moissanite engagement rings available in the market today. Therefore, you should understand them to guide you in choosing the best design that matches your tastes and preferences. They come in different shapes and sizes, offering options for jewelry lovers. The three most common types of Moissanite rings include:
- Oval: Oval Moissanite engagement rings are becoming increasingly popular due to their versatility. They are also a common center stone to add style to a Moissanite engagement ring design and are ideal for solitaires or as a center stone in other settings.
- Round: Simple and elegant, round Moissanite engagement rings are preferred by couples who are looking for a traditional wedding look. They are perfect as a wedding band or added to an existing ring.
- Square: Square Moissanite engagement rings are perfect as a centerpiece in any ring style. They are easy to maintain and come in various shapes, including square, rectangle, triangle, circle, hexagon, octagon, and more.
When shopping for a Moissanite engagement ring, it is important to consider factors such as design, size, color, cut, clarity, carat weight, price, durability, fire resistance, and brilliance. These qualities will help you buy a ring within your budget.
The difference between Moissanite and Diamond
From a distance, Moissanite and diamond may appear similar, especially when set in an engagement ring or other jewelry. However, there are several ways to distinguish between the two:
- Fire: Moissanite has more fire, meaning the light is more noticeable than diamond. If placed next to each other under lighting, Moissanite produces flashes of color. In that case, it will produce an appealing look perfect for brides who want to glow at their weddings.
- Brilliance: Moissanite refracts lighter than diamonds, producing a high level of brilliance. In simple terms, Moissanite sparkles more than a diamond of similar cut and size. Therefore, it gives a perfect shine and beauty for a dream Moissanite ring set for the modern-day bride.
- Color: Diamonds come in various colors, ranging from strongly tinted to colorless, while Moissanite gems are Colorless D Color. This important aspect defines their top-notch beauty as well.
- Value: Moissanite gems are less expensive than diamonds, allowing you to buy more for less. However, they have diamond-like qualities. Although you cannot pass off Moissanite as a diamond, you will still get value for what you need for your wedding.
- Electricity conduction: You cannot tell the difference with your eyes. However, diamonds and Moissanite stones conduct heat and electricity differently. Testing tools can help to determine if a stone is a diamond or a gemstone.
- Weight: Moissanite stones weigh 15% less than diamonds of the same size. For that reason, they will help you get comfortable lightweight jewelry. You can check them using a high-precision jewelry scale.
- Clarity: As Moissanite is lab-made, it has a higher average clarity level compared to naturally occurring diamonds. Diamonds can have blemishes and inclusions, while Moissanite gems have fewer internal imperfections. Therefore, you will get to enjoy the transparent nature of your jewelry leaving no room for a dull experience.
Where to buy Moissanite Rings!
Naturally occurring Moissanite rings are harder to find in physical stores than diamonds and other gems. However, lab-grown solutions have come to fill that gap. Today, you can find Moissanite rings online and in physical stores. Moissanite has proven strength and durability that is comparable to that of a diamond. Use this information to pick genuine Moissanite rings for your wedding!
Readers May Also Like:
Kanye West Documentary & Podcast With BBC Music Is On The Way
Iggy Azalea Calls Out Playboi Carti For Allegedly Assaulting His Pregnant Girlfriend
[Video] Busta Rhymes Throws Drink On Woman That Fondled Him
35 Rihanna Songs That Will Always Remain Timeless