The leaves are changing, there is a chill in the air, and its football season again. Friends and family gather weekly to have “Sunday Funday” Celebrations. Do you want to have that game-changing recipe that your friends can not stop talking about? Look no further! Chef Hazel of Hell’s Kitchen Season 14 will be providing the Ultimate Game Day Recipe Guide each week. Indulge yourself in Comfort foods bursting with flavor. For our first delicious adventure, we are going to explore the cuisine of Philadelphia (my hometown). A quick and easy Philly Cheesesteak appetizer that is inexpensive to make. Enjoy this mini cheesesteak bowl recipe!
Mini Cheesesteak bowls with Spicy Ketchup
10 Wonton Wrappers
1 lb ribeye thinly sliced or 1lb frozen chipped steak
1 onion chopped
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ Cup Heavy Cream
¼ Cup Milk
¾ cup shredded Cooper Sharp Cheese or Cheese of Your Choice
2 T Vegetable Oil
Scallions for Garnish
¾ Cup Ketchup
¼ Cup Siracha
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray Muffin Tin with Non-Stick Spray.
- Place Wontons in each Muffin tin pressing on bottom to make flat and pinching in the sides to create a bowl shape.
- Bake in oven for about 3-4 minutes until slightly toasted. Remove and set aside.
- Mix ¾ Cup of Ketchup with ¼ cup Siracha. Set Aside.
- Slice Scallions on a bias for garnish.
- Heat a saute pan to medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon of Oil. Add onions, and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Season with ¼ tsp of Salt and a pinch of black pepper. Set Aside.
- Heat Saute Pan to medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon of Oil. Add steak. Stir Frequently and brown the meat. Add the onion mixture back to the pan. Add the Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Cayenne.
- Add ¼ Cup Heavy Cream and ¼ Cup of Milk and 1/3 cup cheese to steak mixture.
- Simmer for a few minutes on low heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add approximately 1/3 cup of steak mixture to each cup. Top with a small amount of additional shredded cheese.
- Bake until Cheese is melted and warmed through.
- Serve with Spicy Ketchup and top with Scallions. Enjoy!
Readers Might Also Like: