Deezer, the music streaming service, has rolled out Deezer NEXT 2018, their annual program aimed at identifying and championing emerging international talent and providing an avenue for exposure to new audiences on Deezer. Jorja Smith is among a group of international musicians who are part of Deezer NEXT 2018, in the second year of the program.
Jorja Smith is an R&B artist haiing from England. She’s been growing a buzz since 2016 when she unveiled her single, “Blue Lights”. Her latest effort, “Let Me Down” featuring Stormzy is another step in the right direction for the rising songstress.
As part of Deezer Next 2018, the platform has made available Jorja’s exclusive ‘Inspirations’ playlist of her favorite songs on Deezer. There’s definitely more to come from her soon.
Deezer a growing music platform, is taking a grassroots marketing approach, giving a fresh group of up-and-coming talent a global platform to not just be heard, but to have the full support of the platform. Stepping away from the regular streaming service model of just offering a library to recommended tracks, using smart data obtained from the subscribers listening habits. Deezer takes it a step further helping the artists with marketing, publicity and much more.
Sulinna Ong, vice president of artist marketing at Deezer added: “Following the success of Deezer NEXT 2017, we’re excited to be continuing Deezer Next this year with a new tranche of artists.”
Jorja Smith commented: “Really happy to be part of Deezer’s 2018 Deezer NEXT campaign, thank you for the support. Looking very forward to sharing more music.”
In addition to Jorja, Deezer selects another three global priority artists, along with up to eight regional artists per market (including France, LATAM, Germany, UK and the US) – to be announced throughout 2018. Gashi of New York and Yxng Bane of the UK were included in this rounds regional acts.
The complete first round of regional acts are:
● GASHI: New-York based hip-hop musician, emerging with song “No No No”
● Eddy de Pretto: Paris artist, mixing rap & French Variété with debut EP Kid
● Sopico: French rapper, climbing the ranks from his 2016 release “Heat”
● Lewis Capaldi: Scottish singer-songwriter, rising in popularity with “Bruises”
● Yxng Bane: British singer and rapper, known for his involvement in the song “Bestie” with Yungen
● EUT: catchy Indie band from the Netherlands, building momentum with “Supplies”
● Irie Kingz: Colombian duo mixing Spanish and English known for “Me Want Party”
● Mike Bahía: Colombian pop star ready to take on Latin America in 2018
● El Kanka: Spanish singer-songwriter, making waves with his latest release “Andalucía”
● Marta Soto: Pop star based in Barcelona, just released “Quiero Verte”
● L.A: Indie band from Spain, critically acclaimed with “Where The Angels Go”
The next rounds of Deezer NEXT 2018 artists will be revealed in March, June and September.
Deezer connects 12 million active users and is available in 187 countries worldwide, Deezer gives instant access to the most diverse global music streaming catalogue on any device. The music service is available on your favorite device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs, laptops, home sound systems, connected cars or smart TVs. Deezer is available as a free download for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices.
Readers Also Liked:Understanding Cryptocurrency – Is It The Future of Money?